Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Though my father and my mother abandoned me, the LORD gathers me up." Psalm 27:10

I posted this on facebook on Father's Day:


"Happy Father's Day to the Father who is always there for me, my Abba. Lord you took me out of the dark pit I was in and placed me into your heavenly kingdom, not because of any merit in me, but because I need you. Thank you for your love and your faithfulness. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for always being here for me."


One of my friends replied that I am her hero. That is a very encouraging thing to say to me, and I love her so... but this isn't about me and my sacrifice for the Lord. 

We have heard of people leaving their family for less, I am sure. For an unapproved career or marriage? Christ is everything, everything. Of course I would leave my family for Him.

"everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." Philippians 3:8

Yes it takes great faith to leave everything you have ever known. This faith, even this is not my doing, but is the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8-9) Am I so amazing that I did this? No, of course not. It is about Christ. It is Jesus. He does everything.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

When we see a Christian doing something that we consider amazing...

We know who the real Hero is. 

Praise God through Jesus Christ our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment