Wednesday, October 17, 2012

“Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life." John 6:68

 Why did Peter say this? Let's look at the context of the chapter:

Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to ​YOU, Unless ​YOU​ eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ​YOU​ have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Therefore many of his disciples, when they heard this, said: “This speech is shocking; who can listen to it?” Owing to this many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him. Therefore Jesus said to the twelve: “YOU​ do not want to go also, do ​YOU?” (John 6:53-67)

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life...Unless ​you​ eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ​you​ have no life in yourselves.

(John 5:39-40; 6:53)

Coming soon: What does the Jehovah's Witness organization have to say about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment