Monday, September 24, 2012

Who Created All Things?

Thus saith Jehovah, thy Redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb: I am Jehovah, that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth (who is with me?);-- Isaiah 44:24 

All things came into being through Him (the Word), and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.-- John 1:3 

But to the Son He says:...10 “You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.-- Hebrews 1:8





who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, wh...

ether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him; --Colossians 1:15-16

“who has come to know Jehovah’s mind, or who has become his counselor?” ...For of him, and through him, and unto him, are all things. To him be the glory for ever. Amen.-- Romans 11:33-36
Please use an interlinear to look these up in Greek.

1 comment:

  1. What does firstborn mean?
    Gen. 41:51-52, "And Joseph called the name of the first-born Manasseh: For, said he, God hath made me forget all my toil, and all my fatherï's house. And the name of the second called he Ephraim: For God hath made me fruitful in the land of my affliction" (NASB)
    Jer. 31:9, "...for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn (NASB)."

    In Psalm 89:20, 27 it says, "I have found David My servant; with My holy oil I have anointed him...I also shall make him My first-born" (NASB). As you can see, David, who was the last one born in his family was called the firstborn by God. This is a title of preeminence.

    ReplyDelete