Monday, September 3, 2012

Christianity is not my God.

I actually feel like an outsider. So deeply attached to Jesus, but not part of cultural Christianity... seeing some of the same things in the culture and in church that I saw from the cult I was in when Jesus pulled me out, and other times having fears that I will experience the same things, unfounded or not.

I feel no need to defend "Christians" some are just part of the culture, using the name, attending church, following rules... others may be true Christians but have some fault that is considered more offensive. That's okay. I don't need to defend Christians the way I used to defend the people that belonged to the cult I was in. I don't even need to defend myself. No one said we would be perfect.

I see this getting hurled around as an insult to Christians: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." Gandhi

It doesn't bother me. In fact, I would much rather you love and cling to Jesus ALONE. Reject me, reject church... Go to Him. Go to Jesus alone.

Christianity is not my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment