Saturday, May 3, 2014

How could I join a church after being a Jehovah's Witness?

There for a while I got hung up on proving that there were no better denominations. Then I realized that I can rest in Jesus and not research every denomination out there. I can just ... be home.



I am already saved.
I am done searching and/or proving. My faith is in Jesus, not a church. And the church reminds me of that. So this shirt illustrates nicely how I came to join a church. Just calm down, shut up and get in the pew!



Finding a faithful church that brings peace instead of fear, and calming down enough to attend or join is something that is a challenge for most ex-Jehovah's Witnesses. (Please be aware that this isn't about finding the perfect denomination!) So in this blog, I am going to devote some posts to talk about how we can go about finding a church and determining if we should stay there.

1 comment:

  1. Yes trying to find a Church to belong to after the Watchtower is a challenging quest. I've been out of the JWs & been church hopping for 2 years & still not permanently settled anywhere yet

    ReplyDelete