Friday, July 26, 2013

How is my Christian religion different from Jehovah's Witnesses?

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that we must try really hard to be good enough to enter paradise. Jesus teaches that He is good enough, and my sins, ALL of them, are forgiven, even though, as a sinner, in reality, I am never good enough. And that he accepts me, and gives Himself to me, not just 2000 years ago when He died, but everyday. Everyday, this Holy One, mingles with me, even me! He gives me His very own perfect blood to cleanse my dirty blood even of the dirt that I have caused myself! He comes to me. He saves me, when I don't deserve it. He lifts me up. It is His work, not mine.
Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. (Ephesians 5:25-27) He wants a holy Bride, without blemish, so what does He do? He makes us holy!

My God is nothing like the God of the Jehovah's Witnesses. My God eats dinner with tax collectors and immoral women, He touches the demon possessed, the leprous, the dirty beggars, the Romans and the Samaritans,

He washed His disciples feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment