Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Do Christians go to heaven when we die?

John 6:58 "Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever."

1 John 3:14 "We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death." 

1 John 5:13 "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life." 

John 8:51"I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!" 

Romans 8:2 "because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." 

Romans 8:11 "And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you."

2 Corinthians 12:2 "I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows."

2 Corinthians 5:8 "Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord."

Philippians 1:22-23 "If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far."

Acts 7:59 "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 



My next question is then.... The Bible speak of the meek inheriting the earth, so why does Paul wish to depart from his body to be with the Lord? 

 

And why do Jehovah's Witnesses seem to be the only ones who talk about a paradise earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment