Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for...

When I was a JW faith was something I had to work at... try to believe. I would read and read the literature and pound the belief into my head... also it is like God was a historical figure or a character in a book. I also read a lot on creation science and convinced myself that God must have created things...

But God gave me the gift of Christian faith. His Holy Spirit is a deposit guaranteeing what is to come. Guaranteeing. It is completely different. It is knowing. It is assurance. "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." and that, the assurance and conviction, isn't my work at all. It is a gift. "And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee" (Hebrews 11:1, 2 Corinthians 1:21-22) and this I know from my experience, and my experience matches God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment