Sunday, August 4, 2013

My beliefs

Jesus Christ is the central message of the Bible. (John 5:39-40) Jesus is speaking literally when He says, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished.” (Luke 18:31)

The gospel is the power of salvation. (Romans 1:16) The GOSPEL. If your church does not proclaim the GOOD NEWS of what JESUS has done, and is doing, FOR YOU, and instead preaches what you should do, then find a new one.

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. Romans 10:4 For through Christ we all have access to the Father by one Spirit. Ephesians 2:18 not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ. Philippians 3:9

1 John2:23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also. 27As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

I take Jesus at His Word. I quote scripture without explaining away what He plainly says. “Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." John 7:38 “Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John 6:54

I have been a Christian for two years. After a year, I had found a local Lutheran Church Missouri Synod church that agrees with me on these things and I am no longer afraid; I have decided to join and receive the gifts in the church that Christ has prepared for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment