Sunday, July 8, 2012

So if you are currently a Jehovah's Witness... what should you do?

Do I want you to write a letter and disassociate yourself? Start going to another church? Search for a denomination that has teachings that line up with the Bible?

No. I don't know if that is God's will for you.

Let me tell you what happened back on July 7, 2011. I had decided to listen to Jesus as my only mediator. This meant that I no longer had to accept a teaching because men wrote it in the Watchtower publications. Why?

Because Acts 7:37 told me that not the men who wrote the Watchtower publications, but Jesus replaced Moses. 1 Timothy 2:5 told me that Jesus is the only mediator between God and men. Psalm 146:3 told me not to put my trust in fallible men who are not inspired by God.

I started reading the Bible and connecting scriptures in new ways. I saw many parts of the JW theology that were flawed.

So what did I do? Did I make a momentous decision to stop attending any JW events, to write a letter of disassociation, to cut off all of my friends and family? Did I start looking for another denomination? Go by what they teach? Join another church?

No... I just continued on... taking Jesus at His word. Taking the Bible literally. Believing what God had to say.

In fact, during this time I was worried that people would tell me to make huge changes and it was a relief when the answer I got was, "good answer, just take it slow and continue what you are doing". If you are a Jehovah's Witness reading this, please understand that I am not expecting you to turn your life upside down.


I just want you to take God at His Word. I want you to read things in context.

I want you to read the whole chapters of Galatians 3, 5 and Hebrews 2 and realize what Christ has freed us from. "trying to be justified by law" "fear of death ...slavery".


I want you to read the whole chapter of John 3 and see that “As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life."

I want you to "Come to Jesus", let him refresh you and lift your burdens.-- Matthew 11:28; John 5:40


I want you to realize that,  "Jesus delivers us from the wrath to come."-- 1 Thessalonians 1:10

I want you to trust in Jesus, "for there is no other name under heaven by which we may be saved." -- Acts 4:12  I want you to look up Romans 10:9-12. 


I want you to get a Kingdom Interlinear translation. I want you to set sanctify, or set Christ apart as Lord.-- 1 Peter 3:15


I want you to have the "glorious freedom of the children of God".

I bow my knees before the Father that Christ may dwell in your hearts and you will know the breadth and length and height and depth of the love of Christ. --Ephesians 3:14-21

No comments:

Post a Comment